Thursday, October 6, 2011

New York City pays respect to Steve Jobs

Today of all days, I never would have gone to an Apple store, except for the fact that the flagship store on NYC's 5th ave is on my doorstep.
It moved me though, more than I thought it would, to see what people left behind in memoriam to Steve Jobs. Unfortunately, the store is currently under repairs. It would have been a more photogenic backdrop for the crowds in it's original glass cube facade, but maybe it fits the moment, being in a state of repair.
Command S (shortcut for Save, for you PC users) and iSad Apples
Interestingly most people thanked Jobs for what he had done for them personally or the loss of what might have been if he could have continued on, but I'm sad for the loss of a brilliant mind taken too soon from a senseless uncontrollable illness, Pancreatic Cancer.
So once again, Fuck You Cancer...that's what I'm really worked up about and I say that phrase too often! You're taking my friends, family and heroes.
“Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” ~ Steve Jobs, Stanford commencement ceremony 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment