Thursday, May 3, 2012

COPS PLAY and I ♥ NYC

I always reply the same, "I love New York City!" Every time I speak on the phone with my Dad he mentions what a better quality of life I could have if I moved back down south. Last night he added, "in a few more years when the "Party" is over you'll want a quieter life and you'll realize. I laughed and asked what party? I'm not attending any "Parties"! Then what is it? he asked. "It's the art galleries, the museums, fashion, that we actually have four distinct seasons and bands always come to NYC unlike smaller cities...it's almost certain your favorite bands will stop here on tour." These were the first things that popped into my mind.

But there's so much more than that...just walking down the street to get to work in this city is engaging and visual. I wouldn't get this type stimulation commuting down a highway in the cocoon of my car if I lived in my former city. I'm here in NYC because I love the visual, all of it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Here is a selection of what I've seen on the way to work...

Adorable children on their way to school
57th and Lexington Avenue
57th street window shopping (LV)
Strangers M50 Bus
59th and Park Avenue
Mr. Bill Cunningham almost every morning on 57th and 5th Ave, but never on Friday's.



Last summer walking down 57th street, on my way to work, I noticed the traffic cop in the video link above directing traffic with such style. I had to get a closer look. I pulled out my phone and made a super8 app film of her. I was running late and had to get moving. I thought, I'll see her some other morning and get better footage, but I've yet to see her again.

So, Dad, this post is dedicated to you and this is one more reason I can't quit New York City, my commute to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment