Sunday, June 26, 2011

J'adore Les Chauds Lapins: Homegrown Music Festival, Stuyvesant Town, June 25, 2011

Les Chauds Lapins, Homegrown Music Festival



Kurt Hoffman, Les Chauds Lapins

Sometimes you get more than you think...

An impromptu invite for a picnic in the oval in Stuyvesant Town with the kids. "They're having some band thing...let's have a picnic." Then Les Chauds Lapins starts to play. I think to myself, "Paris is stalking me." Ok, I haven't bought my ticket yet...I said I was buying my kid and I a ticket to Paris last week after watching the first five minutes of Woody's latest Midnight in Paris and I haven't...yet! 

Paris knows I'm slacking and sent me here so this band can mock me, singing in French like an "I told you so." Ok, I get it.

Hand me that cigarette, dance around my make shift picnic blanket...pour another glass of le vin...it's too early yet!








Go see this band....Les Chauds Laupins, they're playing Barbès in Park Slope (9 St and 6 Ave) next Thursday at 8 it's the next best thing to being there (Paris)...at least tonight it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment