Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"It takes a long time to grow young"





Yes indeed it does...thank you Pablo Picasso.

I'm celebrating my birthday this week. I love birthdays, a celebration of the day you were born, but as I've aged I've become less fond of my own.


So I've come up with a new strategy, instead of counting each additional year, I'll now use the sum of my year. I'm turning 10 on Thursday. I'll turn 10 five more times if I reach my life goal of being a centenarian and the oldest I'll ever be is 18. All the sudden I really do feel younger.



It's just a number, you're only as old as you feel, you grow older and wiser, yeah right...all these little phrases to try and make us feel better about the time that is fleeting, but I will not grow old gracefully. I will fight age with everything I have, because I've a long way to go yet. I'm determined to be a centenarian. I want to be 1+0+0 "One" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment