Sunday, July 3, 2011

What are you scared of...

 The Bergdorf Goodman Phobia Windows, featuring artist Mark Gagnon


At least once a day I say to myself, "How lucky am I to live in this gorgeous city"...especially when it comes to the views in front of me. I don't take it for granted, ever, NYC is the most beautiful city in the world! (sorry Paris) 

From our apartment we over look the East River, with inspiring sunrises, twinkling lights of the 59th Street Bridge, and the shore lines and beyond of Queens and Brooklyn. From the windows at work there is Central Park from the 39th floor facing north with views that reach to Westchester, the East and Hudson Rivers and beyond. 

Work View
Home View
Whether I'm looking out or into windows...New York City you inspire me. 

Across the street from work, 5th Avenue and 59th Street, is Bergdorf Goodman and as far as I'm concerned the best fashion windows in the city. The latest, Phobias, really has me crooning, save for the Alexander McQueen windows which these replaced a few weeks ago. Artist/Sculptor Mark Magnon, Lite Brite Neon Studio and the Bergdorf team have really touched upon something here, Phobias, we all have at least one, what's yours?



 Fear of Heights, Phobias, Bergdorf Goodman windows featuring Mark Magnon



 Phobias, Bergdorf Goodman windows featuring Mark Magnon


Fear of Electricity, Phobias, Bergdorf Goodman windows featuring Mark Magnon and Lite Brite Neon Studio


  Fear of Animals, Phobias, Bergdorf Goodman windows featuring Mark Magnon


I could run away from my fears in these....Valentino Dangerose Mesh Rosette Sandal





Above is a super 8 video of the Bergdorf/Mark Magnon/Lite Brite Neon Studio windows using Super 8 app.


 I hope you don't suffer from Vestiphobia. 
(Fear of clothing)

No comments:

Post a Comment