Friday, July 22, 2011

8tracks...make mine a double

UNIQLO Under Construction 5th Ave NYC


A friend recently sent me an email telling me about a website he thought I might like...8tracks.com and it wasn't until this week that I was able to dive in and take a look. J'adore!!! 


"Listen for free to the best internet radio, crafted by people who know and love music. Or, legally share your own online mixtape, a streaming playlist with eight or more tracks."


Through other people's mixes I've found music I didn't know about and I've met people as crazy about music as I am. It's a great alternative for your tired itunes shuffle or when you realize you've played that new album 20 times in a row. 8tracks is also available as a iphone app.

Here is a link to my first mix:

You don't have to join or sign in, you can just listen...and not just to my mix...EXPLORE...find something new. 


And if you have the time to do so comment to me or send me an email and tell me what YOU'RE listening to...I really want to know. Better yet, sign up to 8tracks and share your music mixes with me.

Here is our For All playlist (no particular theme, genre is mostly indie, this is what's on heavy rotation in our world)

Piledriver Waltz   Alex Turner
My Halo   Atlas Sound
Baby's Arms   Kurt Vile    
Lord Knows Best   Dirty Beaches  
Nothing Ever Changes   Bill Ryder-Jones
Big Boy  Balam Acab
Suck   Yuck  
Circulation   Thurston Moore
Hounds   The Antlers 
Stutter   Yuck   
Still Life   The Horrors
Coming Down   Dum Dum Girls
Endless Blue   The Horrors
Baby Says   The Kills
Some Stay   Sacred Spirits
Corsicana   The Antlers



If you like:
Sacred Spirits you can download their EP for free at 

Bill Ryder-Jones you can download his EP for free at 

Dum Dum Girls, Coming Down you can download this song from their upcoming album at http://www.subpop.com/channel/blog/download_dum_dum_girls_song_coming_down

No comments:

Post a Comment